Sunday, January 1, 2017

Winter wonderland on New Year's



Hello 2017 - after a few very busy weeks at the end of 2016, I was looking forward to a calm transition into 2017. We spent a cozy evening around the table eating raclette with a lot of gruyere cheese and drinking some good wines with it. The best of evenings in my book!

This morning, I could finally see the sun breaking through the clouds, illuminating the frosted trees on the hills surrounding Heidelberg. Everything looked like it was sugar-coated. Not wasting any time,  I grabbed the camera and made my way up to "Kohlhof" for a sunny winter walk.

When I eventually pulled out my DSLR to capture the sparkling sunlight on the icy branches, I realized that the SD card was missing...so unfortunately, only iphone pictures in this post. I still loved the atmosphere so I'd thought I'd share them anyway.

Happy 2017 everyone. May you be blessed with health and luck and have a successful new year!
















No comments:

Post a Comment